This course is designed to stimulate the creation of networks and partnerships at European level. For a week you will have access to training by highly qualified teachers and you can also enjoy quality cultural events in a pleasant and attractive city.
For further information: email@example.com
Porto was voted the best European tourist destination city in 2022 by the Wold Travel Awards.
The course aims to provide teachers with:
- an insight into the teaching of Music in Portugal (primary and secondary level);
- an opportunity to compare the teaching of Music in different European countries, to exchange ideas and develop links with teachers from other European countries;
- an opportunity to attend Music Events;
- an introduction to Improvisation Techniques;
- an introduction to New Technologies on Music Teaching.
- Lecture on The Portuguese Music Education System;
- Group discussion comparing the Teaching of Music in the different countries represented – curriculum, materials, methods, standards, assessment, national education policies, extra-curricular activities, etc;
- Visit to a Music School – observe assembly, music lessons and extra-curricular activities. Opportunity for discussion with teachers;
- Workshop on improvisation techniques;
- Workshop on New Technologies on music Teaching;
- Attend to cultural events.
Music Teachers (primary and secondary level), School Management; Teachers and School Staff; Music Advisers.
The course will only occur with a minimum of 12 participants.
Born in 1975, guitarist Hugo Simões began his musical studies at the Leiria Choral Society under Professor José Mesquita Lopes. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Music Teaching (Pre-Bologna) – specialising in the guitar, from the University of Aveiro, under the guidance of Joseph Zsapka and Paulo Vaz de Carvalho, and a postgraduate degree in School Administration from the Porto Higher Institute of Education and Work, and in Educational Science from the University of Aveiro.
He is widely experienced, both as a guitarist and a teacher, and has made solo performances and been part of several chamber music formations, of note being his solo performances with the Centre Classical Orchestra (Guarda Municipal Theatre – 2007), the Beiras Philharmonic Orchestra (Closing concert for the 10th Guitar Competition and International Festival in Sernancelhe – 2008), the Guitarrafonia guitar orchestra (at Serralves em Festa in 2014) and the CMSJG Chamber Orchestra (9th Beira Interior Music Festival – 2014). In chamber music formations, of note are his international performances with the guitar octet Acord’ensemble at the International Guitar Festival in Paris (2010), with the Guitarrafonia guitar orchestra at Festival Allegromosso in Italy (2012) and with the Fatum Ensemble (Mexico, 2013). He taught the guitar at the St. Pius X Music Academy (1999-2004) and was Director of Studies and guitar teacher at the São José da Guarda Music Conservatory (2005-2015). His students have won several prizes at national and international competitions, and have been accepted at schools as prestigious as the University of Aveiro, Conservatorium Maastricht (the Netherlands), Vigo Music Conservatory (Spain) and Guildhall School of Music & Drama (the United Kingdom).
Hugo Simões currently teaches the guitar at Curso de Música Silva Monteiro and the Calouste Gulbenkian Music Conservatory in Aveiro.